Raidlight is extending its desert racing expertise by now offering the installation of desert gaiters.
This installation involves sewing a Velcro strip onto the shoe so that the gaiters can then be attached. For optimum protection and durability, it is essential to have them sewn on, as glue cannot withstand the extreme conditions of the desert, neither the heat nor the abrasion caused by the sand. This service is carried out in our Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse (France) workshop by our seamstresses.
- If you decide to enter a race such as the Marathon des Sables or Half Marathon des Sables® or the Raidlight Desert Trophy, desert gaiters are essential, as they will prevent sand from getting into your shoes.
- Raidlight desert gaiters are compatible with all brands of footwear.
- The price of €59 includes the installation of gaiters for both shoes.
How are the desert gaiters fitted?
Step 1 -Try your shoe and gaiters on
Whether you buy your pair of shoes and gaiters on the Raidlight website or just the gaiters, we ask you to try the products before sending them to us for installation. Adapting desert gaiters is an irreversible procedure, so it is important that you are certain of the shoes and gaiters that will accompany you in the desert.
Step 2 -Send us the shoes and gaiters
You are responsible for shipping the shoes and gaiters via the transporter of your choice. Please send your parcel to this address: Raidlight - Service installation des guêtres, 115 route de Perquelin 38380 Saint-Pierre-de-Chartreuse, France.
Until the parcel arrives at our premises, we decline all responsibility for any problems encountered during delivery.
Please include the form with your contact details and the information you need to install the gaiters and return your parcel..
Step 3 - Parcel recievedOnce we have received your parcel, we will check that the shoes are in order and clean. We reserve the right to refuse to install the gaiters if the shoes do not comply with the terms and conditions (for more information, please refer to the terms and conditions below in the product sheet).
Step 4 - Gaiter installation
Our workshop will sew the Velcro strip onto your shoes.
From the date of receipt of the parcel to the date of return, please allow a fortnight.
Step 5 - Returning your shoes and gaiters
We will return your shoes and gaiters to you by Colissimo. You are responsible for the return postage costs, which will be invoiced to you via a payment link. All returns will be insured up to the value of the parcel.
Step 6 - Recieve your parcel
You are now ready to head out on your adventure.
- Each gaiter installation is irreversible, no return or refund will be possible.
- For technical reasons, we refuse to install gaiters on shoes with quick lacing (quicklace, speedlace...).
- Raidlight reserves the right to refuse to carry out an installation if the shoes do not seem to us adapted (shoe with fast lacing or in bad state) or if they are not clean. If one of these cases occurs, we will send you back your parcel and we will deduct the return costs from the amount of the installation refund.